Monday, August 17, 2009
Tim + Mike + Fishing = Bad Luck
I don't know why but for some reason when Mike Adams and I try to plan a fishing trip we have bad luck. For example we tried to go ice fishing together for almost a year and the weather just didn't want to cooperate. When we finally did it was really warm and the ice had a ton of water on top if. The one that takes the cake, so far, is the trip that we planned to tape a video bio for me for The Up North Journal web site. We setup a time one Sunday afternoon and decided that we were going to use Mike's boat since I hadn't even put mine in the water yet. The plan was to meet at his house at something like 1:30 pm and head out to Seven Lakes State Park, tape my bio and then do some fishing together since we hadn't been able to ever to that. Sounds like a great plan doesn't it. Well I got there at 1:30 pm and we loaded up his boat to head out to the lake. Fortunately the lake was close to his house, which as you will find out was a good thing. When we arrived at the boat launch and got the boat ready to launch. I held on to the rope as Mike backed the boat down into the water to launch it. As he was backing it down I noticed that the one wheel was wobbling pretty bad and I was going to tell Mike about it once he parked the truck and trailer. Well I didn't have to tell him because as he was pulling the trailer out of the water I heard a loud clunk and look up to see the trailer sitting on the ground with the wheel about 2 feet away from it. I told Mike, "I think we have a problem." Mike and I couldn't believe it. The whole bearing and race where completely shot so there was no just putting back on and getting it home. So now we had to figure out how to get both the boat and the trailer back to Mike's house. Believe it or not though Mike was actually lucky because the weekend before he and son had taken the boat all the way to Wisconsin and back. Thank God the wheel didn't fall off then. Well we decided that we would park the trailer, tape my bio and worry about the trailer after that. After we were done taping it was then time to decided what we were going to do with the trailer. Luckily Mike's son boat and trailer was back at his house so we decided that he would go back and get it then we would load the broken trailer on to his son's trailer. Then Mike would take it home and come back to get the boat. Since we couldn't just leave the boat there unattended Mike told me to just go ahead and use the boat to fish while he went back to get the other trailer and he would call me when he was entering the park so I could help him load the broken trailer. Hey, who was I to argue with him. So I stayed and fished. I caught a couple of small bass while I waited. Once Mike got back I helped him load the broken trailer on to the trailer and off he went to take it back to his house. So with nothing else to do I went fishing again. Hey, somebody had to watch after the boat. This time I didn't catch anything but I did make a note to myself that I want to come back and try fishing the lake again. Well Mike called me and said that he was back at the park again so I made my way to the boat launch and waited for him to back the trailer down into the water. While waiting for Mike to back the trailer down there was another boat at the launch and I was wondering what was taking them so long, then I realized that they had forgotten to put the plug in their boat when they launched it. So I guess we weren't the only ones that were having bad luck that day. They moved their boat over a little bit and Mike backed down. We loaded the boat and headed back to his house. We had a good laugh about how we seem to always have bad luck. Luckily the damage to the trailer wasn't that bad and Mike was able to get it fixed. I sure hope that our luck in the future changes. Just goes to show that you have to be prepared for anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad I wasn't there!
ok now that would have been a good one to watch you both!
great blog!
Post a Comment