Monday, August 10, 2009

Wow has time flown since I last wrote in my blog. There has been a lot that has gone on since my last post on ice fishing with my kids. Let’s see there has been fishing all summer with my kids. Then there was the UNJ fishing trip up in northern Michigan and another fishing trip with fellow UNJ pro staffer Chuck Parr. Then there was also the boat trailer fiasco when Mike Adams and I were going to tape my bio video for the UNJ web site. I will try and fill everyone in about those trips at some point but what I want to blog about today is the Talking Hunting campout. If anyone reading this blog has been listening to the UNJ podcast, and I suspect that most of you do, then you have heard about the Talk Hunting campout. Well I have been a member of the talkhunting.com family, and I do mean family, now since February and I have meet a lot of really cool people on there and if you haven’t been to Talking Hunting I suggest you check it out. You won’t be disappointed. Well I wasn’t able to be there for the whole campout due to the fact that I was on vacation with my family camping but I was able to make it Saturday night for the cookout. I arrived home about little before 5:00 pm Saturday and proceeded to unhook the trailer, unload the truck and go get my dog from parents so that I could head out to the TH cookout. I was finally able to load the kids up and head to the cookout at 6:00. I was so excited to actually me some of the people that I have meet on the forum and put a face with the name. Well I wasn’t disappointed at all. When I arrived they had a ton of food either on the grill or already cook, and when I say a ton I am not kidding and I felt like I was right at home even though most the people I had never meet before. My kids were off and running right way. My boys proceeded to find a blow gun and had a ball with that all night. I don’t know who brought it but I sure want to thank them. My daughter, who is 5, found a little baby and some dogs to keep her busy, she loves babies and dogs. What can I say about the food other that it was awesome. There was a bunch of wild game there and the winner of the cook off was the turtle soup. Man was that good. Then for desert there was a Talk Hunting cake that was very good. After dinner it was time to mingle and get to know everyone. I honestly felt like I had known everyone forever. Then unfortunately it was time to head home. I could have stayed there forever swapping hunting and fishing stories. I want send out a big thanks to everyone that organized and put on the campout and for the great food. Here is a picture of all of the Talk Hunting members that were there.

3 comments:

Chico said...

That was definately a great time. Hopefully we can get out in the future. Take care.
Chico

Julie said...

I had no idea Tim. Wild game cooking, my mind is reeling! I have not used your strengths for the good of the pack. Thanks for sharing. Julie

Red28 said...

Yes it was a great weekend! meeting all the people was a great time!